Cleaning your Jabra Enhanced Plus OTC hearing aids regularly is essential for maintaining their functionality. Neglecting to clean hearing aids can result in low or no sound, making them ineffective.
To maintain your hearing aids, clean them at least once a week, and for a deeper clean, follow these steps:
- Brush the entire hearing device with a soft-bristled brush.
- Start with the earbud, which is the part that most often gets clogged.
- Next, brush the back of the device where the microphone ports are, as small particles can build up in there over time.
- Carefully remove the earbud.
- Brush any debris underneath where the earbud (EarGel dome).
- Put the earbud back on the hearing aid.
- Gently brush your fingers over the earbud to ensure it does not come off easily.
Dirt, earwax, and other debris can accumulate in the earbud and microphone ports, affecting the hearing aid’s ability to amplify sound.
To prevent such issues, it is recommended to clean your hearing aids at least once a week. This will help to remove any dirt, debris, or earwax that may have accumulated on the device. When cleaning your hearing aid, it is best to use a soft-bristled brush to avoid damaging the device’s delicate components.
Start by brushing the earbud, which is part of the hearing aid that often gets clogged with earwax. Then, move on to the back of the device where the microphone ports are located. Even if the microphone ports appear to be clean, small particles can still accumulate in there over time, so it’s good to brush them anyway.