Welcome to our comprehensive guide on troubleshooting the lights of Phonak hearing aids. In this article, we will provide you with all the information you need to understand the various light indicators and their meanings for the Phonak Audeo L (Lumity) and Phonak Audeo M (Marvel) lines. By familiarizing yourself with these light patterns, you’ll be able to identify potential issues and take appropriate steps to resolve them. Whether you’re facing a blinking red light, a solid green light, or any other light-related concern, we’ve got you covered. Let’s dive in and get your Phonak hearing aid lights back on track!
Charger Indicator Lights
When placing the hearing aids in the charger, you may observe different blinking light patterns indicating the battery level. Here’s what each light color signifies:
- Blinking Red: Battery level is below 10%.
- Blinking Yellow: Battery level is between 11% and 70%.
- Blinking Green: Battery level is above 70%.
- Solid Green: The battery is fully charged.
Removing Hearing Aid from Charger
If the charger is connected to power and you remove the hearing aid from it, the following sequence of lights may occur:
- The hearing aid light will blink green ten times.
- After the ten blinks, the hearing aid will automatically turn itself on.
Manually Turning Off the Hearing Aid
You can manually turn off the hearing aid by following these steps:
- Locate the down button on the hearing aid.
- Press and hold the down button for 5 seconds.
- The hearing aid light will turn solid red for 2 seconds.
- After 2 seconds, the hearing aid will turn off.
Solid Red Light in the Charger
If the hearing aid’s light remains solid red while placed in the charger, it indicates one of the following conditions:
- Temperature Range: The hearing aid is outside the temperature range suitable for charging. Ensure that the environment is within the recommended temperature range for charging the hearing aid. The temperature range is 5 to 40 degrees Celsius or 41 degrees to 105 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Battery Fault: The battery in the hearing aid may be faulty. In this case, it is necessary to visit your audiologist’s office to have the hearing aid repaired. See our guide to how to troubleshoot.
Constantly On Light Outside the Charger
If the hearing aid’s light remains on constantly while it is outside the charger, it signifies a fault state. To resolve this issue, you will need to reset the hearing aid at your audiologist’s office. They will be able to assist you in diagnosing and resolving the fault.
No Light When Placing Aid in Charger
If you place the hearing aid in the charger and no light comes on and the charger has power, it is possible that one of the color light bulbs inside the charger is burnt out. However, this does not affect the functionality or sound quality of the hearing aid. You can still use the hearing aid if, when you pull it out of the charger, it turns on properly.
If you prefer to get the hearing aid fixed, your audiologist will need to send it in for repair to Phonak. If the aid is still under warranty (typically the first 3 years), the repair will be free of charge. After the warranty period, there will be a normal repair fee, which may vary around $250, depending on your audiology office.
If you encounter any other issues or need further assistance with your Phonak hearing aid, it is recommended to contact your audiologist or (find a new one) or call Phonak customer support at 866-230-0110 for personalized support and guidance.
This page applies to the following hearing aids
|Phonak Audeo L||Phonak Audeo L-RT||Phonak Audeo L-RL||Phonak Audeo P||Phonak Audeo P-RT||Phonak Audeo P-RL|
|Phonak Audeo L30-R||Phonak Audeo L30-RT||Phonak Audeo L30-RL||Phonak Audeo P30-R||Phonak Audeo P30-RT||Phonak Audeo P30-RL|
|Phonak Audeo L50-R||Phonak Audeo L50-RT||Phonak Audeo L50-RL||Phonak Audeo P50-R||Phonak Audeo P50-RT||Phonak Audeo P50-RL|
|Phonak Audeo L70-R||Phonak Audeo L70-RT||Phonak Audeo L70-RL||Phonak Audeo P70-R||Phonak Audeo P70-RT||Phonak Audeo P70-RL|
|Phonak Audeo L90-R||Phonak Audeo L90-RT||Phonak Audeo L90-RL||Phonak Audeo P90-R||Phonak Audeo P90-RT||Phonak Audeo P90-RL|